Kai Ling's 24th!

Another kind overdue entry. This was last Sunday. Haha. =X Ya ya, I only upload my blog on weekends, and I tend to upload more than one entr...

Another kind overdue entry. This was last Sunday. Haha. =X Ya ya, I only upload my blog on weekends, and I tend to upload more than one entry each time. Haha. I'm making use of time optimally, ya? Lol. =P Anyway, another birthday celebration, this time a mini one. Kai Ling's 24th!! Haha. I feel young again! XD HAHAA. Okok, shall not be so evil, will get karma. LOL.

Went to Hougang Avenue 5, a coffeeshop that sells Zi Char for lunch. It's called 燕飞来海鲜馆, and it was advertised on Channel U, I think, just a month ago. Recommended by Kai Ling's bf, Bao Wen. So ya, we headed over there, in the sweltering weather, walking instead of taking bus. =X Its only a 5-10mins walk. But gosh, I think I went one shade darker. Lol. Don't really like the rate I turn dark when exposed to the sun. =X Anyway, the food there was really unique. Maybe not the most delicious dishes but one will not find these dishes anywhere in Singapore that easily. So, definitely must go there to try them out!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
一品锅 (Very thick sauce, with seafood)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Blackberry Fried Chicken

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Prawns with Egg Yolk Paste

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
排骨 (Not sure what paste, but there was hardly much bone) I love boneless stuff! =X

These were their 招牌菜. Truly a must try! Also, we bought a durian ice cream cake for the birthdat girl. She insisted on only one birthday candle though. And the cake was super creamy and very shiok for a durian lover. The durian frosting is very thick and the taste was simply superb!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The birthday girl!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Kai Ling and Bao Wen.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Kai Ling and Jun Wei.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Group Shot!

But because it was an ice-cream cake, imagine the difficulty of cutting in. Lol. I took many photos of the process and many were unglam shots, so I'm just showing a few here, to protect the modesty of my friends. LOL!!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

But finally, the cake was cut, and each of us had a piece~ It was super nice!!~ =D
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Very thick layers of cake, durian frosting and durian ice-cream. =D

After lunch, we each headed back. =)

You Might Also Like

0 comments