Joo Bar - Good food and Makgeolli

As my fiance is out of town, I decided to meet with Maggie for dinner. We had so much to catch up on! With her recommendation, we decided ...

As my fiance is out of town, I decided to meet with Maggie for dinner. We had so much to catch up on! With her recommendation, we decided to go to a Korean restaurant famous for their brewed Makgeolli.


Picture credit Joo Bar FB

Joo Bar
5 Tan Quee Lan Street
Open daily from 5.30pm - 12am

So "Joo" actually stands for alcohol in Korean and Joo Bar is famous for being the first bar in Singapore to make their own Korean Rice Wine. So that being the case, the first thing that we had to order was that.


Makgeolli Sampler Set

This is essentially small shot glasses of their differently flavoured Makgeolli. So from left to right - Original, Yuzu, Mango, Strawberry and Lychee. I especially liked the Yuzu and Lychee flavoured ones. If ever I am dropping by again, I will be getting the Makgeolli Slush (a bigger glass).


Baby Eel Paper

With makgeolli, we just need some snacks to eat while drinking. Haha. So we ordered the Baby Eel Paper. I thought it was quite tasty though it is a 'lil too salty for Maggie.


Seafood Soft Tofu Stew

We also ordered the Seafood Soft Tofu Stew because it was recommended by some blogs. When we first saw the stew, we were quite worried that it will be too fire-y, I mean, just look at the colour of the stew. Lol. But it was actually quite mild, and the tofu was really soft and tender. Definitely a must try :)


Hand Chopped Korean Minced Meat Rib Steak

This was *melts in your mouth* super good!! Another MUST TRY!

Price-wise, this may be a 'lil steep. Total damage was about $50 a person for all the dishes up there. But I have to admit, this is a good place for an after-work chilling out, especially with a bit of alcohol and good quality food. :) Gonna be dropping by here again!

You Might Also Like

0 comments