鼎泰豐 Din Tai Fung dinner =)

Headed to Din Tai Fung with Da and his family for dinner just last Thursday. =) We went to the outlet at NEX. Haha. Seriously, I should prob...

Headed to Din Tai Fung with Da and his family for dinner just last Thursday. =) We went to the outlet at NEX. Haha. Seriously, I should probably turn my blog into a food blog. Half of my posts are about food. LOL. =P Anyhow, the food pictures start here. =)

Photobucket
I think I have only been to Din Tai Fung once, not counting the XLB buffet at Holland Village.

Photobucket
上海醉鸡 Shanghainese Drunken Chicken. The chicken tasted quite nice, there was a hint of alcohol too. Since this was our first dish, I would say it made quite a good appetizer.

Photobucket
排骨汤 Pork Ribs Soup! Nice flavour. But personally, I don't really like boney meat. Blame it on my laziness. Haha. But I think the flavours of the meat have already gone into the soup, so the meat is not as tasty.

Photobucket
豆苗 Dou Miao. Stir-fried quite well. Rather decent with a good enough proportion for 6 of us.

Photobucket
Shrimp and Pork Wanton. Not at all spicy. Good for the bf and family. But I love spicy food, so it was a bit of a let-down for me. =S

Photobucket
The dish that everyone would order when they enter 鼎泰豐. LOL. 小笼包 Xiao Long Bao. As usual, it tasted good. No surprise there. =) Sample each dumpling with vinegar and a bit of ginger to bring our the flavours of the meat and the soup in the dumpling. Overall, heavenly combination! =D
(P.S. I think the only surprise will be when the XLB do not taste as good.) Photobucket
虾仁肉丝蛋炒饭 Shrimp Pork Fried Rice. The staple came last. LOL. And the proportion was very little, but it tasted quite good! We ordered two portions of this! =)

A filling dinner, GY's parents kept giving me food. =S I think I have "hungry girl" face. LOL! Everybody is always asking whether I'm full. =X Haha. So yes, the total amounted to slightly less than $100 for 6 people. Quite satisfactory, though I have to say that Paradise Inn is a notch higher.

The proportions for 鼎泰豐 were quite small, so we had to order almost 2 portions of the chicken, the soup and the fried rice. So ya, I think that's the only improvement they have to make, because they don't have small-medium-large sizes for large groups. =S

Till then, sorry again for the 2 weeks hiatus. Exams are coming soon! Probably will not blog as much. But I will blog more when the exams end! To everyone who's still studying, gambatte! =D

You Might Also Like

0 comments